20. Paarsa Hajari
Here are *some things I think about:
- Ephemerality, Banality, Poetics of daily life, Passing of time, Accumulation, Archive, Light
- How do photographs function as forms of notation?
- Creation of a visual lexicon using different forms of notation
- How has the form and function of photography changed through digital utility?
- How are the impressions of body found in imagery that leans away from capturing the body?
- Reportage is taken seriously when the physical and metaphysical landscape has changed from it’s original capture. Reportage functions less impressively if displayed in the same time period as it’s captured.
- Micro-histories have the ability to bind disparate identities
- How can viewers project their own memories through another person’s lens?
- Bodies in relation to each other
- Assigned narratives to inanimate objects
- Object to human relationships
- Photographs (as an object) can reach the furthest into personal memory.
1 - FallFall, 2018 Film, Inkjet Print Dimensions Variable
2 - Shelf, 2019 Film, Inkjet Print Dimensions Variable
3 - Sun Spots, 2019 Film, Inkjet Print Dimensions Variable
4 - Untitled, 2019 Film, Inkjet Print Dimensions Variable
5 - Untitled, 2019 Film, Inkjet Print Dimensions Variable
6 - Mental Note I Cover, 2019 Photobook 5.5”. x 8.5”
7 - Pg 39 of Mental Note III, 2020 Photobook 5.5”. x 8.5
8 - Droplets, 2019 Video (color, sound) 1 minute 36 seconds
9 - Suspend, 2020 Video (color, sound) 3 minutes 02 seconds